The ASEAN Intervarsity Youth Competition 2021
“Advancing Partnerships for the Sustainable Development of the
The ASEAN Intervarsity Youth Competition 2021, formerly the PSU ASEAN Youth Forum, was organized first time in September 2019. The Forum was an initiative of PSU’s president, Asst. Prof. Dr. Niwat Kaewpradub, to enhance the competitiveness of our youth who will represent ASEAN’s future in the global arena. The details of the idea have been discussed with much input from the consul general of Malaysia in Songkhla, HE Mr. Mohammad Afundi Abu Baka. The forum has also received immense support and contributions from HE Mr. Fachry Sulaiman, Consul of the Republic of Indonesia in Songkhla. The activities included were speech contest, ASEAN quiz, and project development.
ASEAN economic collaboration under the AEC blueprint 2025 aims to form a highly competitive, innovative and dynamic integration with the global economy. The progress has been slowed by the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic which has affected the world economy. The ASEAN Intervarsity Youth Competition 2021 “Advancing Partnerships for the Sustainable Development of the ASEAN Economy” will be a platform for students to act as ASEAN citizens and suggest sustainable economic ideas related to the challenges of COVID-19. These ideas will be presented through a speech contest entitled “The Sustainability of the ASEAN Economy under the COVID-19 situation”. Undergraduate students from ASEAN + 3 members universities are encouraged to participate in this event. Special lectures and an ASEAN Quiz are organized to enhance the knowledge and understanding of the contestants. Presented ideas will be judged by a panel of experts and honorary guests. The winner of the speech contest will receive the Dr. Thanat Khoman Award, while the winner of the ASEAN Quiz will receive the Dr. Surin Pitsuwan Award, and 10,000 Baht.
- To promote and foster youth leaderships within ASEAN universities.
- To raise awareness and understanding of ASEAN issues through ASEAN youth connectivity.
- To enhance the public speaking skills of university students.
- To form and strengthen good relationships among universities in ASEAN +3 member countries.
- New ideas pertaining to the sustainable development of the ASEAN Economy.
- To give our youth a greater understanding of ASEAN and its impact on its people.
- To further enhance our collaboration networks.
- Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- Universiti Utara, Malaysia
- Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia
Time: April – December 2021
- 1-15 October 2021 Registration
- 31 October 2021 Announcement of the eligible contestants
- 20 November 2021 Competition date
- 1-15 October 2021 Registration and submission of video clips
- 8 November 2021 Announcement of the Speech Contest finalists
- 27 November 2021 Final round of the contest
All the activities will be held online unless COVID-19 has been brought under control, and the final round may be hosted at Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand.
Current undergraduate students nominated by home universities from ASEAN+3 countries, namely Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan, and Korea.
Speech Contest: a contestant can only summit one video clip (see more details in the attachment 1)
ASEAN Quiz: contestant pairs must be from the same university (see more details in the attachment 2)
Honorary judges, for example, the Consul General of Malaysia, the Consul of Indonesia, ASEAN experts, and other experts in related areas.
- The Dr. Thanat Khoman Award, including a certificate and prize money of 10,000 Baht, will be given to the winner of speech contest.
- The Dr. Surin Pitsuwan Award, including a certificate and prize money of 10,000 Baht, will be given to the winning team of the ASEAN Quiz (5,000 Baht each).
- All participants will be given an online certificate of participation.
- More details are given in the attachments 1 and 2.
For more information, please contact:E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Prof. Dr. Supatra Davison, mobile: +66 8 9733 6488 or
Miss Saowarot Pluemjai, mobile: +66 8 5788 4773